Wild Mahseer Tea Planter Bungalows
Award Winning Heritage Home Stay – Where History Is Your Host
Join a handful of spirited souls and explore the well-kept secret of Assam, the tea-growing state in North East India, until recently forbidden to visitors.
Taste the lifestyle of a Colonial tea planter at Wild Mahseer, a 22-acre sanctuary comprising the jewel in our crown, the exclusive Heritage Bungalow, an additional 4 cozy tea bungalows, the First Flush dining pavilion and Two & A Bud conference facility all located on a certified organic property.
Wild Mahseer is the perfect place to relax and be pampered between forays out to witness Assam’s breathtaking pristine scenery, discover its rare and abundant wildlife, meet its eclectic mix of people and savour its flavourful multi-cultural cuisine.
Boasting a vivid ethnic legacy celebrated with vibrant festivals and tribal dances, Assam offers the traveller unique experiences found nowhere else in the world.
- Kaziranga National Park for Elephant & Jeep Safaris, Trekking & Bird Watching (royal Bengal tigers, rhinos, wild elephants and 480 bird species)
- Nameri National Park for Angling, Trekking & Bird Watching
(endangered white-winged wood ducks)
- River Rafting
- Dolphin Watching
- Ethnic Village
(handlooms, handicrafts, agriculture, local brews and cuisine)
- Hindu Temples & Buddhist Monastery
- Tea Time Elephant Trek
- Tea Plantation & Factory
- Experimental Organic Cultivation Station
- Balipara Saturday Market
- Tezpur Town Shopping (homespun silks and bell-metal utensils)
- Tea Tasting
- Cooking Classes (Assamese, Anglo-Indian and North Indian)
- Scenic Walks & Bicycle Rides
- Tennis & Golf