Rates (Per Room Per Night)
Tea / Monsoon Season
till 14th October 2017
15th Oct 2017 to 15th May 2018
The Heritage Bungalow is immersed in over 100 years of rich history. Set in the midst of the Addabarie Tea Estate, it was originally the Visiting Agent’s residence. After renovation and fronted by a massive lawn interspersed with mature trees, decorative beds blooming with seasonal flowers and dotted with wooden benches, it is a perfect refuge for visitors keen to re-create the experience of the old-world British planters’ lifestyle.
As guests climb the wooden steps to enter they will immediately notice details harking back to earlier times: the carved brass doorbell, a collection of fishing flies, the decorative peacock handles. A glass panelled front door opens onto the vast screened verandah that has comfortable cane tables and chairs set out on the original tiled floor which is scattered with oriental rugs. This is the ideal place to take afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks.
The spacious drawing room is furnished with Asian collectibles and colonial pieces: a games table, refined Chinese-style high backed chairs, and has air-conditioning to cool down the temperature during the humid summer months and a blazing log fire to warm the chilly winter evenings while guests sink back into gigantic cushioned couches.
There is a bright, elegant dining room, where white-gloved bearers serve meals and a cozy study with an absorbing and diverse book collection as well as historical memorabilia like framed originals of former planters’ letters and fishing records.
The bungalow has three large and charmingly appointed bedrooms with air-conditioning, ceiling fans and heaters for the cooler months. Two boast super-king size beds and the third has twin beds. Attached to each bedroom are sizeable and luxurious en suite bathrooms all with bathtubs and separate showers.
Every room is decorated with an array of exquisite ornaments, paintings and wall hangings personally selected and shipped from every corner of the world, highlighting the different faces of Asia and making the Heritage Bungalow a perfect place to experience the fast disappearing lifestyle of the British sahib and memsahib tea planters of Assam.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- AC Rooms and Heater
- Common Dinning Hall
- Common Veranda
- Garden View
- Private Bath Room – Hot and Cold Water
Optionals (On Request)
- Laundry Service
- Hair Dryer (This is in all bathrooms in Heritage)
- Sewing Kit
- Shoe Polishing
- First Aid Box
Terms & Conditions
- Tariff is valid until 15th May 2018
- The rates are in Indian Rupees
- Inclusive of 3 meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and all applicable government taxes (GST).
- Extra Person rates is inclusive of 1 Mattress, 3 Meals and taxes.
- The tariff rates may undergo changes due to change in Government taxes
- We are unable to provide discount/refunds for any meals that are not taken by the guests.
- We accept major credit/debit cards. Transacation charge are applicable
- Transfers from/to Guwahati/Tezpur Airport can be arranged on prior request. (Specify time? 24hours in advance?)
- Discounts are not applicable for Extra person.
- Side excursions, transport, drinks, meals taken outside Wild Mahseer will be charged extra.
- Check in - 12 pm - Check out - 10 am.
- If the room is not vacated by this time, the customer may be subject to another night’s charge.
- We do not accept check-in between 8 pm – 08 am.
- An earlier check-in can be arranged if your reserved room is not occupied on the night before your arrival, feel free to ask.
First Flush is the common dining area. The multi-cuisine kitchen specialises in local Anglo-Indian food on a fixed Menu basis.
- Breakfast – 7:30 am to 09:30 am
- Lunch – 01:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- Evening Tea/Snack – 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Dinner – 07:30 pm to 09:30 pm
We regret that we cannot extend meal-timings, but in extreme circumstances, due to travel logistics, we will endeavour to serve you a Soup and Sandwich for lunch on arrival after 2:30pm
Indian residents to carry a valid proof of identity at the time of check in. The proof of identity can either be the guest's driving license, passport or voter's card.
Foreign Nationals (i.e. Non-Indian Passport holders, including OCI and NRI holders) only passports are accepted.